The International Living Future Institute has announced the recipients of its 2020 Living Future Hero Awards. The new Heroes were recognized at the Institute’s Living Future 2020 Online conference, its largest annual event on regenerative design and sustainable, green building.
The Living Future Hero award was created to acknowledge and celebrate individuals in the regenerative design community who have dedicated significant time and effort to advancing the Living Future programs and mission. The individuals chosen as Heroes exceed expectations in environmental advocacy, champion Living Future projects and products, and share this vision with their peers.
This year’s Living Future Heroes are, in alphabetical order:
- Jane Abernethy, Chief Sustainability Officer, Humanscale
- George Bandy Jr., Former Chief Sustainability Officer, Mohawk Group, Board Member, Green Business Certification, Inc.
- Alessandro Bisagni, Founder and President, BEE Incorporations
- Andreas Gyr, REWS Sustainability Program Manager, Google
- Rex Hohlbein, Founder + Creative Director at Facing Homelessness / Principal at BLOCK Architects / Co-founder of the BLOCK Project
- Melissa Kops, Architect at Pirie Associates
- Jenn LaFreniere, Principal at BLOCK Architects / Co-founder of the BLOCK Project
- Drew Lavine, Principal, Re:Vision
- Jacqueline Patterson, Senior Director of the NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program
- Drew Shula, Founder & Principal at Verdical Group
- Ellen Southard, Site Story
Read about all our Living Future Heroes here.
Following is a quote from each of this year’s Heroes sharing a call to action for each of us.